"StairSteps" specializes in converting carpet staircases into a new hardwood staircase showpiece. And if your wood floors are in need of replacement, that is our other area of expertise.
This is a message from me, Thomas Ivis, the owner of "StairSteps". First off, I feel it's relevant to mention that I am no stranger to renovation and construction. I was framing houses as far back as 1984. which by the way is a great help in addressing squeaky sub- floors.
Being a carpenter for so many years, I really liked the idea of building stairs. So beginning in 2002 I worked with some stair builders and learned the trade.. Of course during that time many of our customers needed their floors done as well, so we accommodated them of course. The majority of the projects that I have completed have been located in the Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington and Toronto area.
With over 350 stair and floor projects under our belt, We have encountered every possible scenario that you can imagine. Although renewing an aging staircase into a modern hardwood showpiece is not rocket science, there are quite a few tricks to the trade that must be followed in order to get a beautiful finished product. And that, at the end of the day is indeed our goal! and I'm sure it's yours also.
A read through our Customer reviews here will give you a pretty good idea of what our customers think of us. And if I may, I think that one of the main reasons for the great reviews that we have received over the past is due to our attention to detail. I guess we are just the kind of people that are not satisfied with "Good enough". We need to take a step back, look at our work, and be 100% satisfied... period.
Our Future Goals
I would like to continue to grow as a company and train more of the right people to take part in my business. I think I have a lot to bring to the table, and with more of the right people beside me, we will be able to offer our services to even more customers while maintaining our quality workmanship and professionalism.
10 reasons why you should hire us for your stair and/or floor project?
1. We specialize in stairs, handrails, posts, pickets and floors. We do not claim to be the master of all trades.
2. We take pride in our work
3. We provide design and colour consultation
4. Our pricing is extremely competitive
5. We can provide you with references
6. We can provide you with a written guarantee
7. When we start your project, we will show up to work everyday
8. We can always be reached via phone and/or email
9. Best materials on the market - bar none
10. We take pride in our work (oh sorry I already mentioned that)